Hello, world :)
Me on the Web
Areas of Interest
- Food Tech
- interactive, visual recipes
- API for supermarkets
- foodie passport
- gardening/horticulture, low-tech (permaculture) and high-tech (Controlled Environment Agriculture, vertical farming)
- Software as a Medium / Intelligence Augmentation
- “tools for thought” (hypermedia), “malleable software”, end-user programming, “authoring tools” (e.g. HyperCard)
- Interactive Fiction (IF), Infocom, text adventure games, Alternate Reality Games (ARGs)
- Elderly/Dementia Tech
- day clock, med reminder, GPS tracker, financial dashboard
- Impact (social justice, wealth equality, deep ecology, climate change)
Why the “plus”?
When I was at CMU, the email system did fuzzy common name matching by default, so you could write a full name e.g.
email@example.com and it would try to deliver it to the right mailbox. If you added a plus sign (
+), the system would do an exact match instead of a fuzzy match, i.e. the
+ character makes it unambiguous. So in practice, I went by
jrc+, and it stuck.